Vilnius after a month
Greetings dear friends and foreigners,
I decided to write more in here as we go deeper to the second month in Vilnius, and more events have taken place.
I have joined a local team that plays and practices a sport called "ultimate" (=liitokiekko, frisbee). After hearing my name about a million times they still call me Kyle.
Also I joined a team put together by finns that kicks some lit-uh-anian ass in local floorball "firmaliiga". The first game was against Siemens, and we were victorious.
We also attended a party held in his private residence by the Finnish embassador for Lithuania in honor of Runeberg (the national poet of Suomi). Coctail food and many runebergs torta's were consumed by numerous finns and their avecs.
Also I welcomed Tomi and a group of "teekkarit" (HUT students) who were on a mission to get to know Latvia and Lithuania in a week (and spend a bunch of Liti and Lati on "special orders"). They stayed over in Vilnius for few days and were a very merry group indeed. Some company visits, a lot of beer, and a lot of laughter. Boys in Finland, It is not a big effort to jump into a car and drive trough "via baltica" to the "Paris of the baltics"*. You know you are all invited. I am expecting to see many of you already in March.
I have also made friends out of the few finns that accommodate in this fine city. These guys have fixed their TVs to show Finnish channels, which has been a big relief for me. First of all Super Bowl XL was shown in some 140 countries, but Lit-uh-ania wasnt included. I got to see the game, and hope for Jagger to be a victim of a "wardrobe malfunction", at a friends place. Also were watching SM-Liiga and soon also the olympics from this fabulous stream of finnish picture and sound flying trough the space to aid those in despear in Vilnius.
At this moment it seems that I will be coming to F-land in mid April, to participate graduation party and to bet my floorball stick. (I am also planning to play some serious Xbox 360, joten kunnanjohtajat: olkaa hyva ja jarjestaytykaa..)
NIU people, if some wonders on this page, keep up the good spirit and I promise to activate what comes to Facebook. Lornett you are still coming to Suomi? Has anyone hear anything about Timi? Is the mural on the wall yet? Is it fucking freezing to walk to Stevenson now? Do me a favor and yell "NITIIIIN!!!" once in a while in the hallway.
Keep in touch. I will try to update more often.
-Alt-1
* (I havent been to Paris yet, so if it turns out to be nothing like Paris, dont blame me!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home