Arrival to Vilnius
Dear friends, foes and family,
So the story continues... USA and Finland are behind and it is time for Lithuania to see some serious Kalle-action. The first days have been dedicated to settling down and getting orientated. No job, no money, no worries!
Though I feel welcome, Vilnius seems huge, after the familiar faces and circles of DeKalb, and strange and unfamiliar after Helsinki, my haven and my home.
Christmas was super, thanks for friends and family for that. I had definitely reserved too little time to be with such wonderful friends that I have in HKI. Sydän on nyt täällä, ja tänne täytyi tulla, kyllä te ymmärrätte.
To the “facebook-nation”: I suck in using facebook. I miss you all and I promise to try to reply and keep updated. The time in DeKalb was unique and phenomenal, as we all know, and I really want to stay in touch with you all! I wish this spring semester is equally crazy, keep up the good work in driving Fadia and Nitin crazy. If you are not in NIU anymore, good luck with your endeavours! Your firemarshalls are still watching over you.
To the babas who are reading this, Vahvaselkä did not approve my exchange report; claimed it to be too harsh and demanded me to “soften” certain facts, or she would not publish it on Internet. I need to do as she says, or I won’t get the second payment from KY, but I decided to post the uncensored version (which really is not that bad!) on this forum. Enjoy your exchanges and any post-exchange-adventures you are currently attending!
Keep in touch everyone. I am receiving mail in kalle.altonen@mli.hkkk.fi and on kalle.altonen@gmail.com.
My love goes to my friends who are scattered all around the world. You know who you are.
Kalle Altonen, Vilnius, Lithuania.

1 Comments:
Hey it sounds you got good in Vilnius.
Wishing you and all the best!
Come visit Turku or HKI sometime and we'll go for a pint.
-late
Post a Comment
<< Home